Wednesday, November 05, 2008

The Negativity Continues...

I had a sobering thought today. Our new President-Elect, Mr. Barak Obama is 47 years old.

I am 37 years old.

He has achieved the highest office in this country -- a job only one person gets to have every four years. I haven't achieved squat. Nor, I am afraid, will I achieve 1% of what he has achieved by the time I am 47.

He was a great constitutional law professor...I can't even pass the Bar exam.

It's sad when I am envious of someone who had to work tooth and nail for everything he has achieved -- no one gave him anything on a silver platter.

I need to figure out some goals, find my direction and get on with it already. I just don't know where to begin, and my A.D.D. (see one of my first posts!) is preventing me from getting organized. Some days I just wish I could get my shit together. Fuck!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Barely anyone achieves what he has in a lifetime, let alone 47 years. In fact, he's only the 44th person to achieve that office at all.

Laura Kinker said...

you do realize that you're comparing yourself to one of the most accomplished people of our time. what about all the billion other people who haven't done 1% of what YOU'VE done?