Monday, December 22, 2008

End-of-the-Year Survey

Found this survey on my friend, SGs blog (read her survey answers here, and thought that I should post my answers too. And like her, I'm a sucker for surveys...and am tired of answering the ones with questions like "What's your favorite color?" and other bullshit like that. Enjoy.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
I started this blog. I've never kept up on writing in a journal or diary, nor have I ever exposed my inner-thoughts to so many people.

2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions and will you make more for next year?
Of course I didn't keep my New Year's resolutions. But this year it will be different!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, which is too bad, because it would have been fun shopping for baby things.

4. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
My freaking law license! That and I would like to have more confidence in my future -- both prfessionally and personally.

5. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
February 26-27 -- took the Bar exam for the first time
July 11 -- the day I lost my job
July 29-30 -- took the Bar exam for the second time
October 20 -- started my new crappy job
November 1 -- found out I failed the Bar for the second time
November 4 -- voted for Obama and felt more optimistic about this country than I have in a long time

6. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Honestly, I can't think of any achievements this year. It's been a relative failure of a year for me.
7. What was your biggest failure in 2008?
Having to name just one is going to be difficult...so I will lump failing the Bar exam into one monumental failure for 2008.

8. Where did most of your money go?
Paying my credit card debt off!

9. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) Happier or sadder? Personally, I guess I am happier. I guess. Professionally, I am much sadder.
b) Thinner or fatter? Probably around the same.
c) Richer or poorer? I will probably have to say poorer, considering I was out of work for a few months and we had to cash out some things to help pay the bills.

10. What do you wish you’d done more of?
The first answer that popped into my head was I wish I had had more sex. Seriously. It always helps when things are going shitty. :)

11. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying.

12. Did you fall in love in 2008?
Nope. Been there, done that.

13. What was your favorite TV program?
I really try not to watch a lot of TV, but my newest favorite "discovery" was Scrubs.

14. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Most definitely.

15. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 37. And if you had read previous posts, you knew I was in a state of depression. I spent the day feeling sorry for myself then the cherry on the top of that sundae was dinner with my parents and family. Fun was had by none.

16. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Winning the Big Game. That or being able to tell everyone I wanted to tell to go fuck themselves. Hmmm...I smell a New Year's resolution coming on....

17. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
Comfortable & business casual

18. What kept you sane?
The assumption here is that I am sane. What kept me from being institutionalized was my friends.

19. What political issue stirred you the most?
I would have to say the entire presidental election stirred me this year, and then probably this whole bailout issue got my feathers in a ruffle.

20. Who was the best new person you met?
The only bright spot at my new job is the guy I sit next to. His name is Jim and he's hilarious. We laugh all day long and if it wasn't for him, I probably would have gone postal.

21. Tell us what valuable life lessons you learned in 2008.
I learned to be more frugal and not spend money like it was my last day on earth.

No comments: