Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Resolutions v1.0

Here they are, everyone. My resolutions for 2009. I am usually really bad about keeping my yearly resolutions, but I have decided that there needs to be a line drawn in the sand, and that my failure to keep my resolutions hurt no one but me.

Get Healthy.
Ideally, this would include losing weight, but I want to be "healthy" in the way that I can run up a flight of stairs without losing my breath, and that incorporate fresh fruits and vegetables into my everyday diet. Oh, and exercising regularly (although I think that's implied in the whole "stairs" thing I just said).

Be a Better Friend.
This one comes with the intention that I will communicate with my friends more (and by "more", I mean more than once every few months), and will try and see them whenever possible.

Be Less Self-Absorbed.
I sometimes have a problem seeing the forest for the trees, and I need to stop doing this. I must realize that everything does not revolve around me and my problems (or successes), and that I need to see things from the point of view of others for a change.

Find a Better Job.
I am currently working on this one. Even though the work has started in 2008, I'm still counting it as a resolution.

Be More Positive.
This is going to be a tough one for me. Funny, I really do consider myself a "positive person" -- I just find sarcasm and negativity funny and when I'm down in the dumps, it makes me feel better.

Pass the Bar Exam Once and For All.
'Nuff said.

I am sure there are more, that will immediately come to me after I hit the "Publish Post" button...but this is a good start.

1 comment:

Kim said...

They sound like lofty goals, but you can do it. Just pick up small things at a time.