Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'm Back, Bitches!

I’m back from my big trip to Lansing to take the Bar exam. One thing worth noting, I was feeling so good about it was almost like I was riding around on a cloud for the two days I was there. Needless to say, since I am feeling so good about it, I’ve decided that there must be some cosmic reason for the positivity. I won’t know for sure until November, but I am thinking that I must have passed it this time. Looks like God may have heard my prayer after all.

My trip started out with the nearly 2 hour drive to Lansing from home. There was a point along the trip where I was thinking to myself, “It sure would be nice if there was an outlet mall along the way that had a Coach store.” I was thinking this #1) because I love purses, namely, Coach purses and fantasizing about them makes me all warm and fuzzy and #2) I’m an incredible shop-aholic and shopping always makes me feel good. Especially when I’m shopping for a Coach bag.

Funny enough, about 5-10 minutes after having that thought, I saw a billboard advertising an OUTLET MALL AT THE NEXT EXIT THAT HAD A COACH STORE! FUCKIN-A! So y’all know I stopped, right? And y’all know I overshopped and am now the proud mama to not one new Coach handbag, not two bouncing-baby Coach handbags…but THREE brand-new, leather-smelling Coach handbags! HELLYES! And a wallet and turtle keychain to boot. Husband has no idea about my little shopping spree, but goddam it, my birthday is in thirteen days, I’ve had a fucked-up year and I was just getting ready to take the Bar exam for the fourth time. I deserved a little Coach-lovin’. Because nothing puts a smile on my face longer and faster than a Coach outlet store that has shelves and shelves of markdowns. I nearly passed out IN THE STORE with five handbags on my arm from the excitement.

As you can see, The Lansing Trip started off with a bang and it never got bad for me. Riding my Coach high, I went into the test determined to make it my bitch. Here’s hoping I did just that…and if not, at least I can stop at the Coach outlet on trip number five!

2 comments:

Dr. Jay SW said...

Well, congrats in advance (and remember, when you get the good news, it was your own hard work that got you there...).

Anonymous said...

You know you passed. That's why you got the Coach bags. An early advance reward.