Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes


My BFF Shannon, recently got her seven-year-old daughter a cell phone. Now, regardless of what you think about this decision -- fact is, the kid has a cell phone and that's that. I spent some time with her daughter over the 4th of July weekend, and she’s a nice kid. She’s just like every other 7-year-old, and having a cell phone hasn’t made her obnoxious or anything. The only negative I can find from it is now Daughter wants a cell phone too. UM…AIN’T HAPPENING. The kid loses everything (including her glasses while she's in the house) on a daily basis, so I know she’s not ready. Plus, who does she need to call anyway? No one, that’s who. Shannon and her babydaddy don’t live together, so I sort of see why she gave her the phone. Two households and whatever.

But the point of my story is that kids are funny sometimes. And they latch onto technology like a duck goes to water. Case in point. Shannon’s daughter was recently at her father’s house, and was in the bathroom dropping a deuce. Because she’s only 7, she sometimes needs help with the wiping. So instead of calling her dad to come and help her wipe – SHE TEXTED HIM. She texted “come wipe my butt”. HILARIOUS, right?

6 comments:

Kylie said...

Haaahaaahaaa!!!!
Love that text!!

You talked me into the Southern Vampire series!!! Can't wait to get started!!! I had to buy them b/c my tiny-town library doesn't have any of them!! What a shame!!!

mytruth1118 said...

that was friggin' hilarious! BTW my daughter had a cell phone when she was 7 or 8 for the same reason! That was b4 texting though, so she just called.

mytruth1118 said...

oh, yeah and she still has her cell phone and we will txt while in the car with my husband if we don't want him to hear or be part of the conversation.. hee heee.. we are so mean.

Dr. Jay SW said...

I've probably received texts like that...but I don't think they meant it literally...

rachaelgking said...

Oh my lord... I now know what my next TMI Thursday will be... get ready, B!

Anonymous said...

See that's when it's a bit too much for a seven year old to have a phone.

Dropping a deuce.