Tuesday, August 19, 2008

In Case You Were Wondering...

In case you were wondering how I celebrated my birthday:

Family Celebration: included a pizza dinner at The Alibi (my choice) and dinner with Dad, Mome, Husband and Daughter. My dad spent the entire dinner talking about himself (nothing new there) and my mom spent the entire dinner telling him that no one gives a shit about what he's talking about (once again, nothing new there) -- which was only about 40% correct, considering Husband was asking him questions and I was listening with one of my ears (the other was listening to my mother). Daughter spent the entire dinner being a 5-year-old, and the highpoint was when I ate an antipasto salad. You may remember I think I have a stomach issue with lettuce, so I was really walking on the ledge with that. I ended the night NOT shitting my brains out (excuse me for saying, but I had to), which I consider a win. :) Maybe the lettuce thing was a phase?

Friend Celebration: Shannon, Jody and I went karaoke-ing at a new bar. I promptly got shit-faced (not sloppy, but enough to be feeling like life was good) and here's what I sang:

1) Add it Up (Violent Femmes)
2) Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy (Big and Rich) -- duet with Shannon
3) Don'cha (Pussycat Dolls) -- also a duet with Shannon

Some highlights -- Shannon brought her hula hoop and it was a barn burner! That hoop brings more attention that if I were to rip off my shirt and run around the place topless. Also, some random guy (who was drunk, I am assuming) came up to me and shook my hand after "Add It Up" and said something like "I suppose it only goes as far as a handshake" or something similar. EWWWW. Fuck off!

Mark showed up about 11:30, which was fun. He works with Shannon and is one of the funniest people I've ever met. He's like 60 years old and acts like he's 13. HYSTERICAL. I love him.

Overall, it was a decent night. I had a good time and it was fun to get out and get drunk and sing some Femmes. Here's looking at #38.....!

1 comment:

Laura Kinker said...

wish i could have been there!! am happy you had such a great time.