Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I'm Rich, Bitches!


OK, not really. But I kept hearing Dave Chappelle's voice in my head saying this as I was thinking about this story that I'm about to tell you...except he says it more like "I'm riiiiccccch, bitches!" so there you go.

Earlier this evening I was on my way to take Daughter to her swimming lessons. We are driving on I-94 and we pass a Mega Millions billboard (the jackpot is at $30M btw). Being the ever observant child that she is, she asks me what "Mega Millions" is. I explain it's a lottery where you can buy a ticket and then win the amount of money that was on the billboard. In the backseat, I hear her "oooo-ing" and "ahhhh-ing" over how "easy" this must be. Yeah, mom, all you have to do is buy a ticket...of course, I try and calm her down by telling her the odds of winning are very small (like she understands "odds". All she understands is winning!)

So then she says to me, "Wouldn't you like to be rich, instead of being poor?" Ain't that the question of day, y'all? UMMMM...FUCK YEAH I'd love to be rich! I didn't say THAT of course, I said, "Well, yeah!" and she says...then go buy a lottery ticket! DUH!

Now, why didn't I think of that?????

2 comments:

Laura Kinker said...

now i understand why they say let the children lead the way...lol!

mytruth1118 said...

out of the mouths of babes....life is so simple when you are a kid!