Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's Inauguration Day, Y'all


In case you hadn't noticed from past blog posts, I *heart* me some Barak Obama. And today, in about 12 hours, he is going to take the Presidential Oath of Office. You know my ass is going to be PARKED in front of the TV all afternoon. Well, except between 1:00pm and probably around 1:30pm when I will be having lunch with Ursula at her school. I promised her last week I would come on Tuesday, not realizing that it was The Tuesday. But my child will always come before my own selfish wants and needs...so I will have to tear myself away from CNN and dine with her. Which is cool with me, don't get me wrong.

My friend SG has travelled to Washington DC in order to witness this little piece of history in person. And for the record, I am the color of the brightest neon green with envy. I'm so envious, I'm glowing green.

I wanted to make this post for a couple of reasons -- the main one was just to express my love and admiration for our 44th President. If you've known me for any length of time, you know I am not a political person. I spend more time reading US Magazine or People than I spend reading the newspapers. I spend more time watching VH1 reality shows than the news. And it's not that I don't care about what is happening in the country, or around the world...it's just boring. Until now. I've never felt this way about a President before, nor have I ever been so inspired by politics.
I believe in America. I have hope and I belive in change. Yeah, I said all the buzzwords, and meant every one of them. Now, on to Inauguration Day! I can't wait. President Obama is a mutha-fucken rockstar and I can't wait for the show to start!

No comments: