Monday, August 10, 2009

Daughter Can Be Freakin' Hilarious

This past weekend, I took Daughter and visited my parents cottage "up north". Daughter and I usually sleep together and so when we woke up on Sunday morning, we were just chatting as we were waking up. Since it was a bit humid the night before, I wondered if she was stinky. And in case you didn't know, little kids' armpits get stinky even though they haven't reached puberty. I had no idea this was the truth until I had my own child. Of course, they don't smell like adults and need deodorant, but if you get up close, they're rank little creatures too. So Sunday morning, I was teasing her and I asked her if her pits smelled. Her arms were above her head already, so she turned her head to put her nose in position, took a whiff, looked me straight in the eye, and with a deadpan expression said:

"No. They smell like flowers."

I nearly rolled out of the bed. The words were not as funny as the deadpan expression on her face, but the combination was priceless. Ahhh, young jedi, you are learning the ways of sarcasm well....

2 comments:

Dr. Jay SW said...

I remember reading somewhere about a flower that smells like armpits...so maybe your daughter's on to something...or maybe I'm making shit up...

MyTruth0812 said...

Dr. Jay...LOL

You reminded me that I think a Venus Flytrap smells like rotting meat? Almost as bad as armpits...