Friday, February 12, 2010

Ranting and Raving

I need to vent, y’all. First, I must qualify this rant by saying, I love my new job. I really do. OK, that being said…


My boss is driving me nuts today. First off, I had to wake up early today (and if you knew me, you’d know I am no where near a “morning person”. I had to wake up early today because I needed to meet my boss, and two other people at the office at 8:50 a.m. and was told NOT TO BE LATE. Don’t you dare be late.

Guess who called me at 8:55 a.m. to tell me she was running late? Yep. My boss. The mission we were on today ended up being delay a motherfucken HOUR because she was late. Which means I didn’t need to get up early and haul my child out of bed early.

So.

Next, we go on our mission. Which ends up taking FOUR HOURS. And one of the other attorneys in the office had to take the client that was coming in to see me today who happened to be a friend of Husband’s. THE ONLY REASON THE MAN WAS COMING TO MY OFFICE WAS TO SEE ME AND I HAD TO HAVE ONE OF MY COLLEGUES TAKE HIS APPOINTMENT BECAUSE MY BOSS WAS TOO BUSY JACKING ALL OF US OFF ON OUR MISSION. I was pissed.

We finally make it back to the office and I have a 2:00 p.m. appointment coming in to sign her divorce documents. The very same divorce documents that I had spent about 3 hours of my time last night after I got home from work writing up, because I knew I wouldn’t have much time today to work on them at the office. THANK GOD I did that because I wouldn’t have had them done. But since I am a new attorney, my boss needs to review them. WHICH SHE HASN’T DONE YET. It’s fucking 2:09 p.m. My appointment is on her way (thankfully, she is a little lost) and I’M FREAKING OUT BECAUSE MY GODDAM DOCUMENTS HAVEN’T BEEN REVIEWED AND MY BOSS ACTS LIKE IT’S NO BIG DEAL. I don’t want to make the client wait. I want to get her out of here ASAP. MOTHER.FUCK.

1 comment:

Kim said...

You used the term "that being said." Goddamn it. Seriously? Seriously? You had to use THAT term??????????????????