I won a blog award, y’all!
Courtesy of my very favorite blogger in the world, my friend, SG. For those of you who do not know, a blog award is a virtual award that bloggers receive when they have a really kickass blog. Or at the very least, a blogger friend who thinks your blog is kickass. Same difference. As told on SG’s blog, The Zombie Chicken Award is explained:
The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all…
So now my part is to name five blogs that I think are worthy of passing along my Zombie Chicken Award…hmmm, this should be easy. I wouldn’t want to risk the wrath of the Zombie Chickens. I have enough everyday shit that happens without having to deal with that!
Well, obviously, SG’s blog, Perfectly Cursed Life, would be numero uno on my list. Her blog is the reason I started mine. Besides it being funny – as she has a rapier wit -- it’s also a spot on depiction of her hilarious take on her everyday life. I can say this, because she’s my friend and I know she speaks the perfectly cursed truth. However, since she gave me the award in the first place...this isn't a circle jerk, folks. So, besides Perfectly Cursed Life, here are my five favoritest blogs:
1. Margaret and Helen. As with many of my favorite blogs, I discovered this one through the aforementioned SG. This blog is so delicious, I need a fork and knife when I read it. It’s written by Margaret and Helen – two women who have been friends for over 60 years. I often laugh out loud when I read this blog because these ladies are funny with a capital F. But it’s only funny if you hate Ann Coulter and Sarah Palin…
2. Rectory Enterance. I came across this one from SG’s list of favorite blogs, and I fell in love. Well, not literally, but I love reading Phoebe Caufield’s blog. As she describes her blog – it’s “a rich chocolately base of liberal politics filled with creamy feminist ganache, wrapped in religious fondant, with some lightly-toasted humor sprinkled on top.” Anyone who can describe her fantastic blog is that mouth-watering description, is alright in my book.
3. A Blondie Moment. Also found via SG, I love this blog. It reminds me very much of "Bridget Jones' Diary", except for the fact that she's not British. If you loved the book and/or movie, you'll probably love this 20-something Blondie.
4. I hate so much. Only someone with an attitude like mine can find as much joy as I do from this blog that describes everything the writer "loves to hate". You should take a peek and then you'll realize how much you agree with her about EVERYTHING. Honestly, there really is so much in this world that is so fun to love to hate.
5. Random Thoughts. Like all of my favorite blogs, I again found this one through SG's blog. I hate to not have any original findings on my list, but I think SG would be flattered that I found her recommendations so freakin' awesome.
Well folks, there they are. My favorite blogs....what are yours? Well, besides mine? :) I need to copy off someone's else's list for a change. :)