Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'm Outta Here!


I am taking off for a few days to go vacation in Florida. I am bringing Daughter, but leaving Husband at home. Hopefully, the house will be clean when I get back and I don't have to clear a path through carry-out and pizza boxes!


I'm leaving today and will return on Monday. Hopefully, there will be at least one funny and/or interesting story to tell when I get back. I SHOULD have at least some irritating story, as I am also going with my mother -- and you know she really grinds my gears.


Tomorrow, we are going to Disneyworld and I am hoping Daughter totally loses her shit from all of the excitement. I am expecting to totally lose MY shit from all the excitement, because I haven't been to Disneyworld since my honeymoon...back in 1995. But I have to act dignified on this trip since I am The Mother so my excitement will be internal.


I am dreading the airplane ride because I hate airplanes. I hate being confined, I hate sitting so close to other people, although I'm hoping I am only squished against Daughter and not some stranger -- I hate the take off and I hate the landing. I hate dealing with luggage, and carry-ons and all the other wonderful shit that comes along with air travel.


As a side note, I have packed my Xanax in my purse and expect to need a whole tablet before take-off, instead of the usual 1/2 tablet I need in other situations.


Despite all of this -- I am really excited to go! Doesn't it show???? Seriously, folks. I really am excited even though my mom will make me nuts and my kid will probably drive me nuts too.


Thank the good Lord for Xanax AND alcohol, because I'm probably going to need both!


See you next week....xoxoxox

1 comment:

Kylie said...

I am so jealous!! Have lots of fun!!!