Sunday, June 22, 2008

Body for Life: T minus 24 hours

Husband and I have decided to try the "Body for Life" lifestyle, beginning tomorrow. I have spent a great deal of time this weekend preparing for this change, meaning I have planned meals, bought protien shakes/bars, planned workouts. I am excited to start -- and I haven't felt much excitement over weight loss in a while.

I have decided to commit myself to "Body for Life" because I really need to do something. I am not happy with my physical appearance, and haven't been for a very long time (dare I say -- nearly my whole life) and I am starting to feel the little aches and pains one that is overweight is bound to feel. I really want to be a success at this, and I know it's going to take a 100% commitment on my part. Like, NO MORE half-assing my way through life. It has gotten me nowhere.

In other news, I met with SG today to review my Bar essay questions from February. She gave me some really good advice about how to tackle the questions this go around. It would seem I have a problem fully fleshing out the analysis of the rules in the question -- I am spotting the issues correctly -- but my analysis is lacking. I am going to work on some essays and email them to her soon, so that we can discuss them over email. I am planning to do a couple this week. I also need to focus on studying Contracts and Civ Pro more -- my weakest areas. I thought our meeting today was very helpful and I feel very hopeful -- overall, I am feeling very positive about passing the bar this time.

No comments: