Friday, June 20, 2008

I Am Convinced I Have A.D.D.

You would think that at this point in my life (I am 2 months shy of blowing out 37 -- ugh -- candles on my birthday cake) that I would have my shit together. Nothing could be further from reality, unforch. I can't concentrate on most things and am distracted easily. Like this is a prime example -- I am posting this instead of studying for the BAR that is in 6 weeks. I feel like most days I fly by the seat of my pants and it's like I arrive at my various destinations on a wing and a prayer.

I forget most everything -- even things someone told me 5 minutes ago. I don't know if it's that I am not paying attention -- although, I DO pay attention. There's just some sort of thing going on internally that doesn't "click" when it is supposed to, I think.

Shannon recommends I go to the doctor and get on some meds like ritalin or something. The ironic thing is that I usually forget to make the doctor's appointment. How is that for The Ultimate Ironies of Ironies for a Sufferer of ADD? I would cry if it wasn't so hysterical.

No comments: